I recently downloaded the game Hyperlight Drifter, and was at a loss for how to make my Logitech F310 controller work. I came across numerous solutions, foremost being "If your game works in Steam's Big Play Mode, It Will Work in the Game," which wasn't the case for me. I finally found a solution that did work though, and thought I'd post it here.
* Click the button to "Create a new mapping" (the F310 reads as an XBox 360 Controller, but this causes problems)
* During configuration, clicking down on the circular directional paddles as buttons caused the rest of the configuration to get messed up, so I had to skip those two buttons (not needed for Hyper Light Drifter). Your controller might not have this issue.
* Click the button to "Copy Mapping String"
* Click on your mac desktop, then go to the
Go > Go To Folder > and type in ~/Library/Application Support
and then your Game Folder (
Steam > Steam Apps > Common >
* Right click on the program icon and right click on "Show Package Contents"
Contents > Resources > gamecontrollerdb.txt
* Open this file in textedit, and at the very bottom, paste in your configuration string from Gamepad Tool. Mine was:
Logitech F310,a:b0,b:b1,x:b2,y:b3,back:b9,guide:b10,start:b8,leftshoulder:b4,rightshoulder:b5,dpup:b11,dpdown:b12,dpleft:b13,dpright:b14,leftx:a0,lefty:a1,rightx:a3,righty:a4,lefttrigger:a2,righttrigger:a5,platform:Mac OS X,